During the forthcoming 6th Annual ITPS Flight Test Seminar (Dec 14-15, London ON, Canada) I will be delivering a presentation on NDI Principles & Flying Qualities Testing of Modern Combat Aircraft. The presentation will refer to the following:
- Evolution of FCS for Nonlinear Control
- Nonlinear Dynamic Inversion structure and Control Allocation
- F-35 FCS characteristics and FQ testing cases
- Preparation for FQ testing of modern combat aircraft
- Challenges and tools
- FQ Envelope Expansion
- MIL-STD-1797 and frequency based FQ criteria
- Evaluation Maneuvers and examples
- High AoA FQ testing
- ITPS training approach
The event is open free of charge to SETP and SFTE members of the Canadian chapters.
The event will be capped by a Gala Dinner and Graduation Event featuring Keynote Speaker Brian Binnie and the presentation of diplomas to this year’s graduating classes of test pilots and flight test engineers.